Gen 6:5-9 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on earth, and He was grieved in His heart. So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created, from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. This was the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.
Though the earth was full of evil and God could have easily annihilated everything, He recognizes Noah and distinguishes Him from the crowd. God does not respond to the general rather to specifics and this should be our way of life. Though the crowd may move and think in any way, we must be willing to think and move in specific ways. In checkers the moves are but limited, in chess, the moves are made for specific plays-such is life, it needs to be specific. This is particularly important in the following areas:
- The tongue
Your tongue should be guided in a specific path so as to be commensurate to your vision. Don’t let loose words come out of your mouth because your words never come back void. What we speak becomes our reality and so we need to be deliberate in speaking what we want specifically and not idle talk. Use your tongue to perform this specific tasks:
- Instruct your Mind-speak your vision and your plan continuously
- Warn yourself-declare your stand and resist the devil with your tongue
- Claim Promises-take God’s scripture and speak them over your life
- Accept Consequences-repent when you are wrong and give thanks when things go right.
- Walking in Favor
In the generation we live in the grass always seems to be greener on the other side. A wise man ones told me, “Never open a door wider than someone else opened; but even more importantly, never close a door someone else opened.” Ambition is great but it needs to be controlled by being specific.
When you find favor in what you are doing- help from those who know, liking from those in authority, people investing in you, appreciation of your uniqueness do not be too quick to leave at the sound of a new opportunity. Don’t jump around onto things that might work, maximize on the specific thing that does work.
- Purpose and Time
Without a specific purpose in life you become vulnerable-you are open to everything
- Business ideas that lead to loss-Ponzi schemes
- Belief systems that are easily swayed around-millennium end times
- Lies-without being true to yourself, anything becomes truth
Without being conscience about time, you become complacent-you are open to life’s unseen deceptions
- Deception of order-que sera sera becomes a mantra, rather than take responsibility over your life
- Deception of lack of capacity-feeling you can’t give or do any more thus you don’t push yourself, postponing to a later day
- Deception of fatigue-without planning one’s day, it’s easy to think you have had a long day and even convince your body that you are tired.
- Deception of choice-you easily let go of commitments, jobs, relationships, thinking there is time to get another one
- Deception of success-confusing activity with productivity, counting the hours we have worked rather than the output we have given.
Take time to specify your life actions with regards to these things. Do not be casual with life. Life is a chessboard, and the player opposite you is RANDOMNESS. If you hesitate before moving or neglect to move thoughtfully and decisively, your pieces will be wiped off the board by RANDOMNESS. You are playing against someone who will not tolerate indecision.